Festive Soup Recipe
Mushroom & Roast Chestnut Soup (serves 4):
400g mixed mushrooms, sliced
150g ready-roasted chestnuts, sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 stick celery, chopped
1 small carrot, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 bay leaf
900ml vegetable stock
- Add the stock, celery, onion, carrot and bay leaf to a pan, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms until browned. Add the chestnuts and fry for a further 5 minutes. Set 4 heaped tablespoons of the chestnut and mushroom mix to one side for garnishing.
- Add the remainder of the chestnut and mushroom mix to the stock pan and continue to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend until smooth. Reheat gently and add the soy sauce.
- Put a spoonful of the set-aside chestnut and mushroom mix into each serving bowl, then pour the soup on top, sprinkle with parsley and serve with crusty bread.